Geocent recognizes that providing a software solution is not only a technology challenge, but a management challenge. We have found that the key to a successful software implementation is managing the entire project using mature processes that include the user community throughout the entire software lifecycle.
To read about some of our past projects,
Our Tools and Processes
We use both proprietary and nonproprietary, standardized, and fully documented processes, tools, and approaches to manage the entire lifecycle of a software project. Geocent provides requirements management, design, development, quality assurance/testing, and implementation.
- Software Estimating Model – We use a proprietary software development estimating model that precisely predicts software complexity, schedule, and costs using historical data and metrics, which we refine after each project.
- Project Management – We use processes based on Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices and state-of-the-art project management tools to plan for and track software project productivity and costs.
- Change Management – We use change management processes that not only manage scope but more importantly, manage changes to the software or changes that the software will make within the organization.
- Flexible Software Methodologies – We recognize that there is no "one size fits all" approach to software engineering. Geocent takes a flexible methodology approach reliant on project needs. We work within and use Waterfall, Agile, Rapid Prototyping, and any development methodology that best fits the situation.
- Formal Quality Assurance – We use fully documented quality assurance and user acceptance processes to involve users throughout the project. This has proven to eliminate software errors and maximize user satisfaction.
Through the use of our processes, Geocent has successfully delivered software solutions to its clientele on-time and within budget in the following areas: